Air blower is blowing out at the exhaust

bernhard

Dec 20, 2023
Tahiti
Hello!
Rain has accidentally overfilled my hot tub. The blower still works but doesn’t blow out air bubbles. Now the air comes out from this black part in my picture on the bottom.
What is happening and what can I do to fix it? Thanks!

IMG_4981.jpeg

Is any water leaking out of that valve? It could be a vacuum release valve that is supposed to close under pressure.

I had a look in the pipes and it’s all water free. When I shut the black valve the air bubbles work again. I stuck my finger in this valve and fished out some very old rubber parts. I don’t quite understand what this is part for and how it is supposed to work. A standard air check valve would be in series I understood but this is quite a weird construction to me. Anyone know more about this?

Drain valve for Blower

This drain valve serves as additional safety against water infiltration into the blower.

Unlike a check valve, it is always in the open position when the blower is off, and closes again under air pressure when the blower is on.

This process allows water that has nevertheless managed to infiltrate the air pipes to escape without reaching the blower and therefore risking damaging it.

The best all-in-one air blower protection check valve available!
Waterway 1.5" / 40mm air blower check valve assembly with built in drain valve.
Install horizontally in the air blower loop plumbing

If water manages to get past the built in check valve, it will drain out via a 3/8" (9mm) barb which drains off below a ball float.
This drain valve remains closed in normal operation. if water gets past the check valve it will lift the floating ball and water will drain via the barb.
Connect 9mm clear tubing to the drain barb and run out of the spa cabinet.

1703289330716.png

1703289735735.png

Did you find a part number on the part?

It is a safety issue because you don't want water getting into the blower motor while people are in the tub.

Check valves can leak and if the blower is below water level, then a leak can put water into the blower.

Is the tub on a GFCI?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.