Aiper Scuba S1 Review

It’s actually pretty good as I get used to it. No comments on longevity.
For clarification - how long have you been using it? How often is it run in the pool? (# days per week or whatever time lapse you may use). Thanks

So I am really starting to enjoy this little robot.

It is super easy to use. It pretty light. The basket is pretty big and uses a mesh instead of pleated filters.

Because it’s light, I dont need a caddy. I just pick it up, turn it on, and throw it in the pool. When it’s done I pick it up and throw it on the charger. The basket is big so I only empty it every few runs unless the pool was super dirty.

With no cord it looks nicer while running, and it can run at the same time as the Betta.

I have not used my M500 in several weeks now.

I've been considering ordering one of these. The Pro version is on their website for pre-order. Our pool isn't open yet for the season so I have some time to decide.

Thanks for posting your review and updates.

Reactions: cssnms
Sure wish they'd release the "optional" 250um filter! Looks like the S1 and Seagull Pro both have the 180um.

View attachment 558958
This graphic from Aiper's website says "flat floor". Does anyone on this thread have a deep end (like 8-9 feet) and shallow and does the robot do the slopes involved with no problem? Reading other reviews here and there, some people say the robot never gets out of the deep end once it is in there.

Also, is the three hour run time only in floor only mode? Do you get less run time if it is also climbing the walls? Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This graphic from Aiper's website says "flat floor". Does anyone on this thread have a deep end (like 8-9 feet) and shallow and does the robot do the slopes involved with no problem? Reading other reviews here and there, some people say the robot never gets out of the deep end once it is in there.

Also, is the three hour run time only in floor only mode? Do you get less run time if it is also climbing the walls? Thanks!
Yikes I hope not. My pool goes from 3.5 to 6.5 and has a decent slop to the floor. I hope it's not too steep for my Scuba.

Do the other cordless robots have the same challenge?

Yikes I hope not. My pool goes from 3.5 to 6.5 and has a decent slop to the floor. I hope it's not too steep for my Scuba.

Do the other cordless robots have the same challenge?
I have a very steep sport pool - 3.5 to 6 to 3.5 and it climbs out just fine.

Reactions: cssnms and HermanTX
I have a sports pool with a deeper middle and shallow on both ends. My maximum depth is only 6.5 feet. However, as mentioned earlier if it can climb walls it can climb a slope.

Run time is about 3 hours does not seem to matter if it is floor only or floor and walls.

Reactions: cssnms
Only issue I've had is doing walls it gets "stuck" at the small corner of a kidney shaped pool where the stairs are. It can't seem to figure out how to get out of the corner. So I drop it in about a foot from that point so it goes around the pool and ends at that point. Then I have to shove it over to get it started on a second round. Not a big deal, since I only do walls about 1 in 5 cycles. I do floors 2 or 3 times a week.

Reactions: HermanTX
I have a sports pool with a deeper middle and shallow on both ends. My maximum depth is only 6.5 feet. However, as mentioned earlier if it can climb walls it can climb a slope.

Run time is about 3 hours does not seem to matter if it is floor only or floor and walls.
Thanks! I had seen the reviews about it getting stuck in the deep end and also saw a Q/A on amazon where the question was from someone that had a pool with shallow and deep end and would the robot work; the seller answered that it only worked with a flat floor! I was surprised and thought maybe it was possible it had some separate wall "mode" that only kicked in on 90 degree walls or something but not slopes. So I wanted some real world answers! Maybe the "flat floor" in the website graphic means those tracks don't do well on rounded transitions from floor to wall? Anyway, I'm seriously considering it. On sale on the Aiper website for $579, and after putting it into the cart, adding my e-mail to Aiper's list, and waiting I got a 15% off discount code, making it $493 with free shipping and no tax. My Polaris 9550 cleans well but is getting long in the tooth and needs new brushes, basket, and rear wheel treads at least. Those parts are all super expensive for what they are! So I'm still debating with myself ...

Thanks! I had seen the reviews about it getting stuck in the deep end and also saw a Q/A on amazon where the question was from someone that had a pool with shallow and deep end and would the robot work; the seller answered that it only worked with a flat floor! I was surprised and thought maybe it was possible it had some separate wall "mode" that only kicked in on 90 degree walls or something but not slopes. So I wanted some real world answers! Maybe the "flat floor" in the website graphic means those tracks don't do well on rounded transitions from floor to wall? Anyway, I'm seriously considering it. On sale on the Aiper website for $579, and after putting it into the cart, adding my e-mail to Aiper's list, and waiting I got a 15% off discount code, making it $493 with free shipping and no tax. My Polaris 9550 cleans well but is getting long in the tooth and needs new brushes, basket, and rear wheel treads at least. Those parts are all super expensive for what they are! So I'm still debating with myself ...
They also have free returns through their website…. So what is there to loose?

It's too bad coupon codes don't stack. It would be great to use the asap15 for 15% off plus the discount codes on their website.

It's too bad coupon codes don't stack. It would be great to use the asap15 for 15% off plus the discount codes on their website.
I applied the ASAP15 to the current sale ($120 off) for the Aiper Scuba S1 (not the pro) - it knock off an additional $87. So price originally was $700 now $493. I think this is only a 24 hr sale.

Reactions: Everett_88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support