Aiper Robot?

appstategrad

Jul 12, 2014
Hickory, NC

Thoughts on the Aiper Robotic Vacs? I am open to any recommendations, whether it is Aiper or another brand, but I am leery of a robot that is strictly a rechargeable battery. I'm not really interested in any of the bells and whistles...I just want it to work. I plan to take it out and put it in each time, so I don't need an app, weekly scheduling feature, etc.

I've done a lot of reading on the different types of vacuums and the pros and cons to each type. You read one thing and 5 minutes later you find something else that is conflicting! I do not have a booster pump, but I have an open line for a pressure side vacuum to be installed if I didn't get one that ran off the return. (I had an old robotic vacuum I used for one season. It was given to me by someone who no longer used their pool, but doesn't work now. I think it may be the internal motor unit, which would be at least a $400 part. It never worked great to begin with which is why I'm hesititant to spend the money for repair.)

Thank you!

Last edited:
Perhaps look at Aquabot instead. They’re not fancy but some of our members have had great results with them … @tcat , care to sing the praises of AquaBot?

I have had the Smorobot X11 Tank for for 3 weeks now, so far so good, takes 2 hours to do a full charge which will clean walls, waterline and floor for 4 hours, if you just want to clean the floor only you just charge it up until 6 green lights are solid, then it will only do the floor for 2 hours, it does a great job of picking up the fine dirt.
lt has two cleaning modes standard and fast, standard will clean walls, waterline and floor for approx 4 hours, then park at the side of the pool, fast will do 2 clean circuits of walls, waterline and floor.
I paid $620 through kickstarter, they are available on Amazon for $599 fo X10 (floor only) and $899 for X11.
I have the instapark betta2 and the pair of them work nicely together, X11 gets stuck on the main drain but then so does my S300i.

I have had the Smorobot X11 Tank for for 3 weeks now, so far so good, takes 2 hours to do a full charge which will clean walls, waterline and floor for 4 hours, if you just want to clean the floor only you just charge it up until 6 green lights are solid, then it will only do the floor for 2 hours, it does a great job of picking up the fine dirt.
lt has two cleaning modes standard and fast, standard will clean walls, waterline and floor for approx 4 hours, then park at the side of the pool, fast will do 2 clean circuits of walls, waterline and floor.
I paid $620 through kickstarter, they are available on Amazon for $599 fo X10 (floor only) and $899 for X11.
I have the instapark betta2 and the pair of them work nicely together, X11 gets stuck on the main drain but then so does my S300i.

Wow. That’s a lot of robots 😬

Dang, I may have to return the Aquabot I just bought. The x10 looks great at today's Amazon price. I don't really care about walls. Having one basket to clean, and it appears easier to clean than my Bot. Even the regular charger, charges fast for a robot!

Reactions: maggiesfan

Thoughts on the Aiper Robotic Vacs? I am open to any recommendations, whether it is Aiper or another brand, but I am leery of a robot that is strictly a rechargeable battery. I'm not really interested in any of the bells and whistles...I just want it to work. I plan to take it out and put it in each time, so I don't need an app, weekly scheduling feature, etc.

I've done a lot of reading on the different types of vacuums and the pros and cons to each type. You read one thing and 5 minutes later you find something else that is conflicting! I do not have a booster pump, but I have an open line for a pressure side vacuum to be installed if I didn't get one that ran off the return. (I had an old robotic vacuum I used for one season. It was given to me by someone who no longer used their pool, but doesn't work now. I think it may be the internal motor unit, which would be at least a $400 part. It never worked great to begin with which is why I'm hesititant to spend the money for repair.)

Thank you!
I replaced a Hayward AquaNaut with a Zodiac G3 and it was the best $324 I ever spent.

Yea you are right, but the S300i is not sucking up the dirt like it used to do and the cable is in pretty bad shape as are the little rubber thingys on the bottom, if I replace them then the motor goes ( it’s 5 years old), so I figured I try cordless one.😀

If you look at the link in my signature about my S300i you can see what I went through to try to resurrect it. It’s likely the water pump impellar motor needs rebuilding. If water didn’t get into the motor case and the wheel drive motor is still good, it’s salvageable for relatively low cost. If the wheel drive motor goes, you’re dead. Can’t fix it.

I`ll let you know soon I ordered Seagull 600 for $188 during Amazon Prime Deal. It cost me this much just to take my family to Red Lobster for dinner.

If you look at the link in my signature about my S300i you can see what I went through to try to resurrect it. It’s likely the water pump impellar motor needs rebuilding. If water didn’t get into the motor case and the wheel drive motor is still good, it’s salvageable for relatively low cost. If the wheel drive motor goes, you’re dead. Can’t fix it.
I was following you post about that, it was one of the reasons I decided to take chance with the X11😀.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.