Aim to render my pool service folks obsolete.

SunnySanLeon

Feb 19, 2024
San Leon, TX
Hi all. First time pool owner for the last year or so. Have weekly service that costs $225. Ouch. Hoping to upskill a bit and let them know service are no longer needed. I've been testing pH, chlorine, alkalinity, salt and making adjustments a few days before they get here and so far, so good. Also going to the pool supply place to see if it's similar to my #s (I know, I know). Today's #s: FC 2.23, TA 41, pH 7.5, CYA 72, Salt 3380. About to add some bicarb.

Glad I found this forum. Looking forward to digging in and learning more as I more actively manage the pool.

Some potential obstacles: Have never cleaned the DE filters, but seems straightforward. One of my salt cells is in bad shape and I'm having a hard time finding a replacement (well, from a reputable company anyway).

10,000 gallon saltwater. Plaster. Irregular shape. Small waterfall. Jandy Plus 1½ HP pump + Polaris ¾ booster pump. Jandy 48 sqft DE filter. Breeze 540 salt generator. Ozone Joe's system. AqualCal HeatWave 110k BTU heat/cool pump. Aiper Seagull robot.