Ahhh RAIN!

Wow, that's some phenomenal alkalinity!!

What's the Calcium Hardness for your fill water?

Here in AZ, most of our water comes from the Colorado River and the CAP (central AZ project, a series of aquifers and deep wells). The water here in Tucson is treated to remove a lot of the alkalinity in the water but the calcium is always high. In my water zone, the fill water is almost never lower than 250ppm and typically hovers around 280-300ppm.

Now you know why your TA is so high. At some point in the future you might check your well for Fe and other metals to see if that's an issue.

In the future, you could construct a water shower/fountain from PVC piping and screw it into one of your returns. Look up "pool cooler" or "water coolers" in the TFP search box and you'll see plenty of threads on it. They're fun for the kids to play with and they can be an excellent source of aeration for lowering TA using the acid-aeration procedure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My TA is 80ppm and I have to add acid ~ every 5 days. Before borates, I was adding a pint of MA every 3 days.

To fix your TA (as much as is practical given your fill water), you're going to have to do a bunch of acid-aeration cycles. Given the impending end of your swimming season, I'd say leave TA lowering for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.