AGP DIY Disaster?

Nzaccone87

Jun 7, 2023
NJ
Hi everyone! Hoping for some of your expertise. We are first time pool owners and for some silly reason thought we could handle installing. We have 15x24x54 Melenia oval pool. We did our best to level the ground and had a really hard time leveling the blocks under the uprights but all in all we were within an inch level (so we thought). Also had a hard time getting the wall ends to meet to bolt it together and I suspect that’s where some of our problem came in messing around with it all.

Anyway, so we finally get it together and fill up the pool. Once it was full, we noticed the water was about 2 1/4 inches off level. We attributed some of that possibly to the sand that we also had a hard time with footprints (ok so we had a hard with 99% of this lol). We figured that we would ride out the season and fix it in the spring.

Well… today we went outside and noticed one of the uprights has a bulge at the bottom. It’s almost as if the upright didn’t move out as the pool filled. So now we’re worried the pool is going to bust open or something.

We tried calling local pool companies and no one is willing to assist at this point. Most wouldn’t even call back.

Is our only option to drain and start all over? Or is there something else we can try to salvage this? Figuring if we start over the liner can’t be reused either?

Any help would be so appreciated! We are worried, exhausted and really frustrated.

Attachments

• IMG_6102.jpeg
    IMG_6102.jpeg
    643.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_6101.jpeg
    IMG_6101.jpeg
    536.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_6100.jpeg
    IMG_6100.jpeg
    693.1 KB · Views: 29
I doubt you can fix that without draining. Leveling is something you have to get right before putting water in. IMO leveling is by a huge margin the single most important thing to get right with an AGP. Get it wrong and it’ll be hard for anything else to be good.

One thing you can probably do to help with your leveling is to fill low spots rather than only cutting down to get level. The trick is don’t use dirt to fill, use gravel. I used 1/4 minus and tamped it down. My pool manufacturer specifically allows that but I expect it is broadly applicable.

Good luck! It’s totally worth getting the level very close to perfect, it makes everything else go smoother, but it’s a lot lot lot of work. You’ll thank yourself later.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.