AG Pool Top Caps Keep "Popping" Off - HELP!

gsfergy

May 14, 2022
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-15
The AGP pool is an Atlantic model - I believe "Barrier Reef" and it's buttress-free - installed by a pool company that we've had so many problems with thus far that I'm starting out on this one feeling incredibly suspicious, but here we go because I get better info at TFP than I do at the pool company.

The Problem: The pool top caps keeping popping off - randomly - not always the same ones.

The Parts Involved: 4 Pack, Ledge Cover - Outer, 1490830, 4 Pack and 4 Pack, Ledge Cover - Inner, 1490829, 4 Pack

If it helps - if they skipped using a part here is a list I found on this parts website and some of the parts I've never seen before, so wondering if they skipped installing something - Swimming Pool Dept - Above Ground Pool Parts - Barrier Reef by Atlantic - Rec Warehouse (mainly wondering about 4 Pack, Spacer for Ledge Cover, 1490831, 4 Pack and 6 Pack, 6" Resin Base Plate, 1320192, 6 Pack).

The Frequency: Almost daily now since they replaced my top rails under warranty. Most recent examples - didn't swim for days because we were staining a deck - two of them kept popping out every day on their own in the same spot though. But yesterday, got in to swim for 20 minutes - by the time we were toweled off and back outside three had popped up in different spots from when the pool was not in use.
But prior to this it would happen as well - I noticed it mostly after swimming - almost as if the movement in the water was creating undue pressure and "popping" them off.

What could be making this happen? Is there a fix?

Things I've noticed - see below where there is a 3/16" hole - the second photo is of the underside and I've noticed when placed on the pool rail is almost lines up with a screw hole, but no screws were used on my pool - are these for screws to perhaps hold the inner plate in place?
1685529745391.png
1685529790418.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.