Silver Supporter
Jun 8, 2014
Southern WI
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello Everyone! Time to replace my liner. :eek: When we first built the pool back in 2009, we were clueless. I'm surprised it stood this long. LOL I'm thinking we used regular play sand on the bottom along with a pad :(. The bottom has large divots all over. I've bought a new pad, coving, and everything else I need except for sand which I want to go purchase hopefully this weekend. Question is, I don't want to remove the old sand if I don't have to, but want to add something to make it more stable, what can I mix with the sand, or put on top of the sand to get a smooth bottom and keep it that way? Can I get away with not removing the old sand? Can I add mason sand and will that help? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also, do I need to replace the foam siding? Thank you!

You can use more sand to smooth it back out or just smooth what is there already.

So two ideas for long term:
-vermiculite-this is used in in-ground vinyl pools.....There all kinds of videos and such on how to use it. Now if someone jumps in and lands heel first then they could "break" the vermiculite and leave a divot.

-house form-the pink or blue stuff they put on the outside wall of a house. Cut to fit and TRIPLE tape it. Talk about a smooth bottom!! BUT it can be pricey!

Let us know what you decide!!

Thank you kimkats! I picked up some bags of sand and will make sure it's tamped down good. Also going to cover those little holes in the frame with duct tape because we had horseshoe holes all over the place. Wall came out of tracks on both round ends and had to fix that. I bought a thicker pad than I had last time although the last one held up nice.
One more question: Do I need to remove the old adhesive from the wall foam before installing the new one?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.