AG Ladder Woes

Yep, those extra parts are probably what is needed for mounting it to the deck. Our pool is 54" deep so I don't think the extra 2" would be a problem for you. And looking at your pictures, it looks like it should work no problem. Where the steps attach to the top part can be adjusted up and down and also the pieces that screw into the deck.

If you decide to keep it and end up pulling it out to remount to the deck, you might want to check it over for any sharp edges where the plastic is molded. One time we got a little too rambunctious during a pool party and my brother cut himself pretty good on a sharp piece of plastic.

But I really like the angle and the distance between steps. My husband and I are not small people and it works well for us. It's a good compromise between a straight down ladder and steps, which would take up too much room in the pool for my taste.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Yep, thems the ones we have!! Ours are the deck version. The picture makes them look a bit tilted but they are not. We took advice from another on this site and filled PVC tubes with concrete for weights, tied poly rope to them and popped them in the stairback to keep them from floating. Works awesome, the steps look great and they do not take up quite as much room as some other steps (we have the room, but I'm greedy and like to swim laps) They are easy to get in and out of the pool as well. Never have algae build up behind them either. Two thumbs up for these steps. BTW - we put a plumbers mat under the steps to protect the liner - although they are designed to prevent damage - just in case. Available at Lowes, Home Depot, etc., for under $25

So, upon reading this thread and seeing Anna K's great weight system it occurs to me that I could make my royal entrance steps much more user friendly. Currently we cannot put the steps in or out ourselves due to the weight of the sand piece that hooks into the back of the steps. BUT...if we left that piece off and then just added the necessary 50 lbs. of weight by dropping vinyl dumbells into the bottom area of the steps we would accomplish the same thing. Then, at the end of the season we could take the dumbells out, say 5 - 10 lbs. ones, and then easily remove the steps by ourselves..........would these vinyl coated dumbells be safe to use in the pool?

Went to Target at lunch and barbells are really too big on the ends to be of use. I guess one could also fill up plastic soda bottles and put them in? The other thing we thought about was that all the weight would then be in the bottom and that might be harmful to other parts of the steps as the weight was in the middle. We could devise a hanging system such as Anna used as well I guess. First we are going to try to use ropes and leverage the piece that came with the pool into the water and use it. We are trying to get to the place where we can do everything ourselves as the pool stores charge nearly $200 for hooking up a few pipes, taking off cover and putting in steps - terrible really as they then leave before there is enough water to start the pool up.

Lookee - we finally got around to fixing it. Raised the ladder with the excess pieces and attached to the deck - also made sure to fill with water - doesn't seem to float now...

DSC00527.jpg

DSC00528.jpg

Thanks again for all your suggestions. At some point we'll probably consider the cake style steps, but this will do for now :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.