Texas, San Antonio/Marion, South-Central Area
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Well shoot. After a bunch of yard work I decided to take a quick nap. Then I woke up to this. Must've been a heck of a hot, windy updraft to lift two tables off the ground. The table in the middle had a brown glass top. Glass all over the decking, in those planters, and of course in the pool. So much for a relaxing Sunday afternoon.

full

full

full

Rule #1 - No glass allowed around the pool ever!

You can get anything in some type of plastic.

How are you going to deal with the glass in the pool?

Bummer. I am not sure I would put glass back in that table top ----------

At least the brown glass you might be able to see.

How are you going to deal with the glass in the pool?
Already got it. Slowly but surely swept it up. Brushing any dust to the deep end for a final vacuum. Totally unpredictable weather event.

Reactions: mknauss
You were lucky it was brown glass and I guess could see all the shards. TFP clear water helps in the cleanup.

Reactions: Texas Splash
We've been in this house for 17 years and that table has never moved. No obvious weird weather in the area. Just hot. I can only imagine our property was hit by a freak dust devil of sorts that in the blink of an eye lifted the glass of the table and flipped everything else over. Even during hurricane storms off the coast nothing like this has happened.

Oh well, clean up complete. No more table like that again. Tomorrow will be something else. :brickwall:

Reactions: Newdude and mknauss
We've been in this house for 17 years and that table has never moved. No obvious weird weather in the area. Just hot. I can only imagine our property was hit by a freak dust devil of sorts that in the blink of an eye lifted the glass of the table and flipped everything else over. Even during hurricane storms off the coast nothing like this has happened.

Oh well, clean up complete. No more table like that again. Tomorrow will be something else. :brickwall:

Texas here in NJ we had a freak wind event, that literally ripped the cover off of my auto pool cover box that is screwed in with 3 large thick stainless steel screws. I was away and my son texted me this picture. Thankfully nothing was damaged and we screwed the cover back on and for now I added somer very heavy paver stones to the top (3 of them) until I figure out if I can add some more screws to the backside and secure that cover top. It could have blown onto the cover and ripped and it didn't so we dodged a bullet.

IMG_5374-preview.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.