Aftermarket / Drop-in Tanning Ledge?

May 29, 2016
Madison, WI
So this might be a little chintzy looking - but I'm not in the market to build a new pool and inherited the one we have with the house we bought. (It's an inground vinyl pool.) I was thinking a tanning ledge would be nice but haven't been able to find any sort of post-build options. What I'm envisioning is something similar to the aftermarket stair sets you can drop into a pool that has no prebuilt stairs. I'm even thinking I could probably just fabricate something myself if this isn't something that can be purchased anywhere. Any thoughts?

I wish I could find the thread where they did just that! I will keep looking but for now will try to tell you what they did.

PVC and composite decking! They built the frame out of PVC. They made sure the "legs" were close enough so heads could fit through them so no one could get trapped inside it. They did make a "gate" so they could get the cleaner inside/under it to clean and brush.

The composite boards made it heavy so it did not move BUT it was VERY heavy so they had to have help to get them in.

I will keep looking for the thread.

Kim:kim:

I wish I could find the thread where they did just that! I will keep looking but for now will try to tell you what they did.

PVC and composite decking! They built the frame out of PVC. They made sure the "legs" were close enough so heads could fit through them so no one could get trapped inside it. They did make a "gate" so they could get the cleaner inside/under it to clean and brush.

The composite boards made it heavy so it did not move BUT it was VERY heavy so they had to have help to get them in.

I will keep looking for the thread.

Kim:kim:

I will look also. It was a guy who bought a place outside of vegas that had an outbuilding meant to be a gymastics facility. they had a foam pit that he turned into a very cool pool.

- - - Updated - - -

try this thread. Ledge starts in Post #25.

DIY Indoor inground pool near Vegas

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.