advice on semi in ground plans

sik02gt

Jun 22, 2023
New York
What’s up guys, I’m brand new to pools and don’t know much about them. I’m re doing my back yard and decided that I finally would like to put a pool in. I’m looking at the 15x24’ signature RTL from the pool factory. To start, my back yard goes up on a slant so my plan is to build the pool into the hill and also be able to sink it down in the front as well. My questions are, is this a good decent quality pool to use as a semi inground and is the pool factory a good spot to purchase from? They always seem to have sales running which seem to be decent. Any help/ advice for a brand new pool person would be appreciated. For what it’s worth, I have a professional digging out, leveling where the pool is being sunk into the ground as well as a professional company building the pool. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to TFP! :wave: I've never owned that specific pool, but like so many other manufactures there are good & bad reviews. Hit & miss really. Much depends on the owner's care and preventive maintenance. Since you plan to do a partial bury, you might search our forum for other examples of tactics used to protect the outer skin of the pool since rust is most often the deal breaker that can impact teh longevity of the pool.

Feel free to post back with updates or any questions you may have. Lots of folks here able to help. Enjoy the forum. :swim:

Reactions: Mdragger88
Many here have had good experiences with the pool factory.
As Pat said you want to make sure you do the proper preparation to ensure you divert all water away from your pool. This can mean french drains & retaining walls, diverting rain runoff from your home, properly backfilling etc.
many people also elect to add a protective coating to their metal walls that will be in contact with the ground. Rhino liner type coatings.
I have mine buried in a slope & I wish I would have used an extra coating as well as a slurry backfill to ensure that I could change the liner in the future without risking collapse. Take it from me- Trying to divert water after it is causing problems & the pool & deck are installed is a huge headache as well so do those things in advance.
If I ever replace this pool it will be with an Aurora which has resin walls as well as the other components & will use a slurry backfill.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.