Advice on Aiming Returns

I have read a number of posts on this subject but nothing quite touches on the setup I have. I honestly am unsure if my returns are in the right places!

Here's my pool (not having a drone, I rely on Google Maps). Return location is marked in GREEN, Skimmer is in RED;
Pool.JPG

I also have two returns on the stairs, a main drain as well, and I can adjust intake and output via a control valve (100% skimmer or 100% drain, 100% stairs or 100% returns). It's only the skimming performance I am hoping to improve.

The problem: The debris just goes around and around the pool until it's saturated and sinks to the bottom. I can actually watch debris duck slightly into the skimmer and back out again. All while the skimmer is set to 100% (no drain intake at all). The surface water can really only be directed in a single direction - clockwise. Round and round she goes. Suction is very strong, so I do not believe this is a performance issue.

Years ago I had a rectangle pool - the returns were on the same wall as the skimmer. The water flowed out and met in the centre of the opposite wall and directed the flow right into the skimmer. I cannot seem to create a similar setup with this pool.

I'm open to any suggestions on adjustment.

Do you have a weir in your skimmer?

I googled my skimmer part number, and it is supposed to have included a weir. 15 years since we had the pool installed - never had that part though. I stuck my finger in there and there are holes on either side for the weir to go in. :mad:

They also never gave me the tool for removing the fitted winter cover from the bezel around the pool.

I know this site frowns on profanity, so I'll keep it in my head ;-)

Definitely get a weir and install it. Inyo Pools can probably help you with that. If it doesn't work much better with the weir then try going counterclockwise and see what happens. I thought the same about my pool and I switched it and it works a ton better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.