Advice needed with American Home Shield - Arizona, pool pumps and Title 44

pack66

Jun 17, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Hi all,

I have a question and hope the forum can help. My pool pump went out and I went through AHS. The repair company came out and said that the motor was burnt out and needed replaced. I have an over 1hp single speed pump. There is a state law requiring new installations and replacement pumps be two or variable speed pumps. AHS will only pay for a replacement motor for my single speed. Am I within my rights to insist on a 2 speed pump over replacement motor? Am I at risk if I allow AHS to only replace the motor?

thanks in advance!

Under your agreement they are required to replace with the equivalent type. There is an exception if code requirements demand it where they will give you a cash payment (based on their own estimate) in lieu of replacement. Your local utility likely has a rebate for energy efficient replacement pumps, so between the two you'll likely have a substantial chunk of a new compliant pump paid for.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.