ADVICE NEEDED - Re Pentair “Intellibrite 5G White LED” pool light

Hoping someone can offer me a way to address the common problem of “My new white LED pool light drowns out my warm-golden landscaping light...”

While we have gotten on the LED-train for most if not all of our new lighting (interior and exterior), we have had to cover some lights with amber film to “warm up” the temperature. We are committed to have our new pool with a single Pentair Intellibrite5G White LED 500W light, primarily for energy savings, lifespan of light, etc. Our pool scheduled to have PebbleTec installed and fill pool early next week. Is there anything we can do to add an amber cover/filter-lens BEFORE we fill pool? Otherwise, I could use advice for how to warm color temp AFTER water is in. I see that Pentair offers “optional plastic snap-on face rings” (pink, blue, green and most importantly, AMBER), BUT these appear to only be an option for their “Amerilite Incandescent” bulbs. Does anyone know if these snap-on face rings will work with the Intellibrite5G unit?

Hi ElisiaY, Most of the LED pool lights have a Kelvin rating of 6,000K and this higher kelvin rating make the white light have more of a bright white / blue look where the lower Kelvin bulbs have more of a warm look. Here is an image I found which shows this..

warm-white-cool-white-daylight.jpg
color-temperature-kelvin-light-appearance-ambience.jpg

I beleive the lenses for the Amerilite will work on the Intellibrite and that is really your only option if you wanted a warmer light as I'm not aware of any LED pool bulbs in the lower Kelivn rating (i.e. 3,000 - 4,000 range)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.