Advice needed for pool on VERY steep hill.

I have no idea on the prices. I just know that I think it would be too hard for him to be able to REALLY tell you an install price without seeing what he has to work with. I have seen it in the past------"Oh yeah your foundation will be fine! I can do it for $$." He just did not want to come out to the house. I asked for it in writing and that is the ONLY thing that saved me! Once he got here and saw where the water had washed some of the sand out he wanted to up the price. NOPE! Here is the writing quote that you gave me AND it stated that you had NOT seen the work area. So sad, too bad!

Kim

So, I found this picture of a Radiant pool on a hill. I'm going to show it to Pool King. My wife and I love the layout.

Another thing. This will all need to be approved by our HOA. Each lot is on 5 acres, so nobody will be able to see it. It "shouldn't" be a big deal.

2dkju5u.jpg

2dkju5u.jpg

I know you already have a pool picked out, but I was thinking. I learned a lot from the PB's that came out to look at the site. You might consider meeting with a few different ones, listen to what they have to say about structural integrity, retaining walls, drainage etc. They will know your local codes, and might offer some useful insight for sight prep. That slope really will take some skill and experience to deal with. Just a thought.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I know you already have a pool picked out, but I was thinking. I learned a lot from the PB's that came out to look at the site. You might consider meeting with a few different ones, listen to what they have to say about structural integrity, retaining walls, drainage etc. They will know your local codes, and might offer some useful insight for sight prep. That slope really will take some skill and experience to deal with. Just a thought.

Yeap what this says!

Kim

The downhill side of the pool has a very thin randomly curved wall. That is a lot of static force and a good deal of dynamic force against that wall. Most vinyl pools use the earth behind the walls as partial structural support. But there is no earth here.

The downhill side of the pool has a very thin randomly curved wall. That is a lot of static force and a good deal of dynamic force against that wall. Most vinyl pools use the earth behind the walls as partial structural support. But there is no earth here.

The Radiant pools do not require that. They act as their own retaining walls so I've been told.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.