Advice for Bestway/Intex pool opening

afallucco

Jun 7, 2022
Ohio, USA
Hello everyone just wanted to share my thoughts on opening a Bestway/Intex pool with their accompanying sand filters. I've spent a lot of time slamming my pool last year and this year. I discovered a step I had been lacking in the previous year that had extended the amount of time my SLAM took to finish. These sand filters are quite small and they need to be backwashed during a slam more frequently then you feel they might need or you normally would. Last year I backwashed around every few days since I could not find a pressure gauge and just did it every few days with the slam. This year I started backwashing my bestway filter twice a day during the slam and I'm noticing the SLAM is progressing much quicker this year. I hope this advice helps for anyone that has these sand filters and may not be backwashing as often as may be needed, prolonging a SLAM.

I'm hoping others may comment on their thoughts too with their experiences using these Bestway/Intex sand filters.

Reactions: PoolStored
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.