Advantages of a Salt Water Chlorine Generator

Moi

Aug 7, 2015
Citrus County, Florida
Hello, I have been using chlorine hockey pucks in a chlorinator for 21 years in my 10,000 gallon in-ground pool and am getting to the age and physical agility where I need to reduce some of the chores of pool maintenance.
What are the advantages in running cost and operating effort in having an SWG installed?
I have a newish variable speed pump and a cartridge filter installed to reduce my level somewhat of maintenance effort. The filter replaced my old StayRite PLD 70 Filter, it was a lot of effort to maintain.
Please do not suggest I hire someone to do weekly maintenance. Been there, done that, money down the drain as far as I am concerned.
Any advice and suggestions would be most welcome.
Thanks in advance.

Take a look if you haven't already

You're essentially buying the chlorine upfront with a SWG, but the convenience is absolutely worth it. Not having to go out to the store, lug around bottles, and dump them constantly is simply amazing. Most of us have our variable speed pumps running 24/7 and just high enough to activate the SWG and generate chlorine all day/night.

Reactions: Newdude
Please do not suggest I hire someone to do weekly maintenance. Been there, done that, money down the drain as far as I am concerned.
OK GREAT. We agree already. (y)

1 gallon of 10% gets you 10FC in 10k gallons.

$5 jug = $0.50 per FC
$6 jug = $0.60 per FC
$7 jug = $0.70 per FC

A Circupool RJ-30 will get you 18 FC per 24 hours, or 7500 lifetime FC. It's the equivalent of *750* jugs.

The RJ-30 system is going for $1380 today. Add $500 for a DIY install or double the cost for a PB install.

DIY install = $0.25 per FC
PB install = $0.37 per FC.

Replacement cells don't need the controller or the Parts/Labor so they will get 30% to 50% better savings, on TOP of the above savings.

*** all that said, I'd pay 2 or 3 times more than liquid chlorine for the convenience of not lugging 750 jugs. (Or whatever the maths is for my pool)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.