5bucks

Jun 6, 2015
Quarryville/PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi everyone. Just got through a successful SLAM opening due to winter cover failure (nasty) and am ready to tweak my balance. Ph is at 7.2 and alk @ 71. Please advise because I got myself confused (easily done these days). Other than that I just have to bump up my cya (at 5) and FC. thank you!

The test kits used for TFPC do not provide test results like that. Are those pool store test results?

Unfortunately for now yes. Waiting on new kit. Don’t want to overshoot anything based on pool store results (should have mentioned that) before it comes but also don’t want to slide backwards.

While you are waiting on your test kit, add 5 ppm FC worth of liquid chlorine / plain bleach to your pool each evening with the pump running. This will replenish the FC lost each day to the sun and also inhibit any algae in the water from growing further.

One more thing, please, to me it makes sense to do a thorough clean of my de filter after such a terrific SLAM. Pressure is holding well though. Would you still do a cleanout?

No need to clean the filter until your filter pressure rises by 25% over clean pressure.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.