adding waterfall feature booster pump for more flow

boot

Mar 25, 2022
Hampstead, North Carolina
Hello I am adding a three way spillway prefab water fall.

I purchased a larger VS pool pump and there is still not enough flow, it just trickles out.

We purchased a booster pump and it did nothing, perhaps we need a different booster pump?

Or is this booster pump for a creepy crawley pressure side, if so can it be used on the inlet side for more flow?

Thank you in advance

Welcome to TFP.
A booster pump is primarily used for a pressure side cleaner and it uses input from the return side of the main filter pump then output is to a separate line direct to the cleaner.
Can you show what is a three way spillway prefab waterfall? Photo?
What type of VS pump did you purchase? Make and Model number needed.

boot,

Show us several pics of your equipment pad and a pic of the waterfall..

I suspect that you will need a waterfall pump, just for the waterfall.. a booster pump will not help. But, the problem is it will need a separate suction line into the pool.

Let's see what @mas985 has to say...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hello I am adding a three way spillway prefab water fall.

I purchased a larger VS pool pump and there is still not enough flow, it just trickles out.

We purchased a booster pump and it did nothing, perhaps we need a different booster pump?

Or is this booster pump for a creepy crawley pressure side, if so can it be used on the inlet side for more flow?

Thank you in advance
Is this pump dedicated to the waterfall or part of the general circulation system? If the later, are you trying to run other features at the same time? Waterfalls should have dedicated plumbing and a dedicated pump for optimal performance.

What is the make/model of the pump?

Do you know how each feature is plumbed, pipe size, run length, valves, etc?

The pics will help but knowing the plumbing underground can be important as well.

Reactions: Jimrahbe