Adding sand filter to 18' round Summer Escape pool - HELP!

Re: Adding sand filter to 18' round Summer Escape pool - HEL

zea3 said:
robntex said:
I'm disappointed with the Intex sand filter I installed today using the old pump (minus the impeller). It seems like I may not be getting even as much flow as I was with the stock pump and I'm not really able to vacuum with any significant suction using the skimmer plate. I thought it would be good to be able to vacuum to waste, as I was not able to do that using filter cartridges but this is not really any better.

Hi, can you post a picture of your current set up? Also please post a picture with the position of the multiport valve and the pressure gauge on the filter while it is running.

Yes, I'll take a couple, I would like to say that I've gone from disappointed to really happy in the last couple of days. my pool is clearer than it ever was with the old cartridge type filters, one thing I did was trim the opening for the pool input, the hose going from the filter pump to the pool, to accept the larger fitting. what I would like to do now is add the larger out port in addition the the skimmer, but I'm afraid the cut the hole and I'm not sure the right way to do it. If anyone has links or directions please post them.

I have got my sand filter hooked up. The question is now how do you stop the water flow from the canister through the old pump to the new one to clean out the basket in the sand filter?

I've always plugged my skimmer with a WalMart plastic shopping bag balled up. Just remember to pull it out before starting the pump back up. :shock:

Jamison04 said:
Same here! Left the pump on the skimmer and just attached the hose from that pump outlet to the new pump inlet. You can take the impeller out of the motor if you like by removing the screws and separating the pump, then just pull out the magnetic impeller and reassemble. Secure it back to the skimmer and you're good to go! the intex sand filter comes with a variety of hoses and adapters that it's easy to hook up :)
I did the same and had good success- I got the pool used from a friend who told me he had replaced the pump 2x in 3yrs........ I pulled the impeller and 2 vanes were broken....went ahead and bought the Intex sand filter and it works great pulling through the old pump housing. I did have to use a left over hose from earlier pool to hook it up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.