Dallas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Adding new jets to gunite spa as the first jets were installed too low. PB plan is to core new holes through plaster and shell and plumb in a new manifold above the existing spa loop. While my first jets sit flush to the plaster, PB is telling me the new jets will have a surface mount skirt. Are there any other styles of jet to consider vs the standard ball jet that will give me a more streamlined look? Existing jets to remain.

Can the cored holes be chipped out at the surface to look like the picture and then the type of jets you request can be installed? A side note: cored holes in the shell will have a greater chance of letting water seep along the outside of the pipes if not sealed properly at the surface than pipes that have pneumatically applied Shotcrete surrounding it.

Attachments

• A0CE7693-6FE4-46AC-BFA0-7ABC4D60B3AE.jpeg
    A0CE7693-6FE4-46AC-BFA0-7ABC4D60B3AE.jpeg
    542.2 KB · Views: 10
Can the cored holes be chipped out at the surface to look like the picture and then the type of jets you request can be installed? A side note: cored holes in the shell will have a greater chance of letting water seep along the outside of the pipes if not sealed properly at the surface than pipes that have pneumatically applied Shotcrete surrounding it.
Pool has been plastered so I've been told that the best way to proceed is to core the smallest hole possible then waterproof with plaster. Given the likliehood that the pigmentation will be different, PB is wanting to use the flange to cosmetically hide the patch. Does that sound right to you?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.