Adding hot tub to existing pool/swg

Georgia088

Jun 29, 2013
Hello all and thanks in advance for any help.
I currently have a 16x32 in ground pool that has an inline SWG built in. It has always worked great. I am considering adding a stand alone hot tub to my setup. However, I’d like to covert it to salt water as well, and I can’t think of a reason why I can’t tie it in to my pool system plumbing. So here is my thought:

If I added tees to my supply/return lines that run to my pool and added valves so I could shut the pool supply/return off and divert the water to the supply/return of the hot tub I would be circulating only the water in the hot tub OR only the water in the pool. Obviously, I would have to adjust the amount of time each needed to run to provide the correct amount of chlorine generation for each, but is this possible?

It seems fairly straight forward and simple, but I don’t know much about the water chemistry difference between hot tubs and pools. What do y’all think?

Thanks!

What model stand alone hot tub are you considering?

Doesn’t the hot tub come with its own equipment?

There are SWGs specifically for hot tubs,

A few folks have added the Saltron Mini to their tubs and it seems to work great.

I would keepthe two bodies of water separate.

Reactions: RookiePick
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.