Ocala, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I have found that adding Calcium Chloride to a large (Lowe's) bucket full or water and stirring it until it is totally dissolved and then distributing it around the pool, to be a real pain. Someone suggested a skimmer sock or something that can fit over the mouth of a skimmer basket that has a fine mesh. I have tried the latter with good success as far as adding the Calcium Chloride directly to the skimmer. I have been doing it in small batches and waiting for it to be completely dissolved before adding more.

Here's my question. By adding Calcium Chloride this way I am increasing the CH of the water in the pool plumbing as well as the SWG, albeit for a short period of time. Could this damage the SWG plates if the SWG is generating Chlorine?

Calcium products should be spread across the surface of the deep end of the pool.

Didn't answer my question about possible damage to SWG plates.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.