Adding a bench after gunite

ransba

Jul 8, 2017
Washington, DC
In the middle of building a gunite pool -- lots of delays because of all the rain. They finally shot the gunite and I noticed that there was no deep water bench. The contract called for a 5' bench in the deep end.

The PB said that this is not a big deal -- it can be added later.

Just want to make sure that there are no issues with this.

Thoughts?

Mine was added during the build and had a rebar frame but my builder told me they could form them without the rebar. I would think adding after the initial shell is done wouldn't be a big deal either as long as the builder is saying it isn't.

I know people have done them on remodels, no idea about the potential to crack at the cold joint down the road but my guess is if they can do it on an old pool, it is probably much easier on a new one, and I suspect that builders and re-modelers would not do it if it were likely to lead to a lawsuit. I think you are probably fine. THIS post might make you feel better

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.