Added Conditioner AND Phosfree

Don't feel to bad about the PhosFree while you don't NEED if you maintain proper FC all the time it MIGHT buy you some time in the event you don't :)

I'm not advocating for it's use (though I use it). But life happens sometimes and I neglect the pool so I think of it like a little backup :)

I also use (have used) trichlor, dichlor, calhypo, polyquat, clarifier and floc from time to time. The key is I tell the pool store what I need/want and not the other way around :)

Learn your pool and enjoy it. This is definitely the right place to do it! Almost swim time in Texas :)

I also use (have used) trichlor, dichlor, calhypo, polyquat, clarifier and floc from time to time. The key is I tell the pool store what I need/want and not the other way around
That is a good description of the TFPC method. Too many people often mistake what we teach as "liquid chlorine purists" when that is simply not the case. We teach learning and understanding so you can manage your pool and not depend on someone else.

Man, I may have to take back every good thing I said about pool stores after the argument I had with a Leslie's pool girl this afternoon... http://www.troublefreepool.com/thre...Leslie-s-pool-store-Very-misinformed-employee

This store used to be a Warehouse Pool Store but Leslie's bought them out. This employee was as misinformed as it gets. Tried to load up another customer with $300+ of ****. She got mad after I convinced him to walk out.

Thanks for your additional comments.

I have added the specs in my signature.

And, I had my pool looking REALLY GOOD by Sunday, but then the sky opened up over Texas all night + most of the morning, and we got A LOT of rain.

After I googled rain and pool, I noticed that rain causes the pH to increase and TA to decrease.

Are there any steps I should take immediately to avoid a catastrophe, or should I wait until my TF-100 kit arrives?

Thanks,

Ole

Your lucky you got all that rain, we have barely had any here in SW Louisiana for weeks, last night I was watching the weather radar, it was raining over half the state of Texas and moving our way slowly, then it all just rained out as it hit the Louisiana state line. 20-30 miles west of here they had 6 inches of rain last night, and we had less than 1/2 inch.

Your lucky you got all that rain, we have barely had any here in SW Louisiana for weeks, last night I was watching the weather radar, it was raining over half the state of Texas and moving our way slowly, then it all just rained out as it hit the Louisiana state line. 20-30 miles west of here they had 6 inches of rain last night, and we had less than 1/2 inch.

We did need the rain badly, but not necessarily in the pool. :)

And you're right - it all of a sudden decided to cease raining. It was supposed to keep it up through Wednesday.

There's still a minor chance you'll get some, but most of the clouds are in the gulf right now.

Rain is great for my pool. My Houston fill water is very high in TA and CH. I want to put as much low pH, no TA water as I can in my pool.

Usually about once or twice a year I have to top up my CYA and borates, but that's about it. It's a never ending battle against high TA and CH so I welcome the rain.

If it's ever such a rain that I'm concerned about my chlorine level that's why I keep a couple gallons of bleach on hand.

Bo, I've had to do some major and minor repairs to my polaris Like replacing the base, Wheel axles, Hose swivels etc. I buy all my parts online I Google the part number and found some really good deals at ebay even. Leslies can't come even close to what I've bought online. For example Leslies hose swivels were $19.99 each. I bought a 3 pack on ebay for $21.45 total.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Greetings.

I finally got a chance to use my new TF-100 kit; I've been busy with a bunch of things including a weeks boy scout summer camp with my kid.

Here are the numbers, which doesn't look too good, so I should have acted earlier I guess:

(please note that it's a salt water chlorinated pool).

No measure on the Chlorine. It does not turn pink.

TA = 120.

CYA = 50.

Ph = 8.2.

Salt = 3080 ppm.

Can I kind soul propose what my next step(s) should be?

Thanks,

Ole

The water doesn't look too bad - it has a bit of a green tint to it, but not that much.

What's the best approach to lower my pH?

Thanks,

Ole

PS. Sorry for "stupid" questions, but I'm here to get help and at the same time learn (from the best), so that I can get control of my pool, and not the other way around. :)

Saying that it does not turn pink tells me you have a salt water chlorinated pool with NO chlorine in it. You need to get some chlorine in there.

With good salt level, it should at least have some chlorine in it, even if the other numbers are high/low, so I will clean the CELL with muriatic acid, as that has helped in the past, and then set my salt water chlorinator to 100% (which should be the same as shocking it as far as I'm aware).

Thanks for the coupon.

How much liquid chlorine would you suggest I pour in my pool (about 35K gallons)?

Not being familiar with liquid chlorine, how long would you suggest we wait before swimming / pets drinking out of the pool after it has been poured in there?

EDIT: Or is that only something I have to worry about when shocking it?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.