Add Extra Aux Ports to Aqualink RS System

rgk

Oct 28, 2023
New Orleans
Hi there

I have a new system that has all relays (AUX ports) used and I want to know if there’s a relay expansion board I can purchase.

I recently added a Zodiac 5254 JI/Aqualink AUX/JVA Relay Board to get another JVA for the chiller - but now need another relay to connect the step lights to their own relay again,

Does such a module exist - I think I saw a relay splitter in the past - but really need expansion.

Thanks

Reactions: JoyfulNoise
It is under the help screen. The number is the number of relays it can support. The first thing is to see if your system is maxed out. If not, then you can expand it. I am not familiar with that board you bought. Does that just allow you to double an aux port?

Aqualink is hardware constricted to max ports. If you are at the max you'll need a new PCB board.

Mine is an RS-4. So even though I have open ports, I cannot use them because I am hardware constricted.

1701525873652.png

Mine is an RS-8. The board I bought allows a Relay to be used by a JVA. I didn’t have a spare JVA as I have a pool/spa/cleaner and Solar using the JVA ports.

So now I need another aux/relay to keep the step and beach lights separate,

Mine is an RS-8. The board I bought allows a Relay to be used by a JVA. I didn’t have a spare JVA as I have a pool/spa/cleaner and Solar using the JVA ports.

So now I need another aux/relay to keep the step and beach lights separate,

Post a pic of the below screen. You can't get more capacity for JVAs. The RS8 system only supports max of 4 JVAs. Do you have 4 JVAs? You would need a RS12 PCB to increase that capacity to 8.

Just FYI: JVAs do not use or require a relay. But the aux circuits on the Aqualink are hardwired to their respective relay ports.

Are you using the solar relay/extra aux? That can be used for lights I believe.

1701529074260.png

All of the JVAs are occupied, yes have a temp sensor which occupies the Solar JVA, and the cleaner dip switch is on so the cleaner JVA only comes on when the cleaner is on (so it's not actually free). Now to get another JVA in the system I used the Zodiac 5254. This enables you to use a Relay/AUX to add another JVA (needed for the chiller).

Before borrowing this Relay/AUX all 8 were occupied(see picture - AUX1 is used by the cleaner pump (dip switch 1 is "on").

So what I am trying to do is expand the number of relays/AUX. I can only find a relay splitter (Zodiac 5098) but this just enables both AUXs at the same time.

I was looking at the PCB Zodiac 4922 - but this doesn't really do what i want - which is, just get another independently controlled relay/aux.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-02 at 11.45.19 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-02 at 11.45.19 AM.png
    69.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2023-12-02 at 12.00.42 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-02 at 12.00.42 PM.png
    78.8 KB · Views: 2