ottawa, ontario, canada
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
hi, my little sand filter pressure gauge sits in a very awkward place at the back of the filter and is hard to see.
I wondered if it is possible to add some adapters to bring it perpendicular to the ground and thus simpler to check values?
many home supply stores seem to sell the small fitting needed to have this this mounted in an alternate fashion.

would that cause loss in reading values? ( just like how elbows and such in plumbing cause loss in head pressure)?
and if so, maybe it's just relative to start value of "clean" and not super important to have accuracy on the device and what more important is just measuring change?

You can add about any fittings you want to orient the gauge however you wish and it won't affect the reading.
When I used the sand filter I used a 90º stainless steel street elbow to orient it vertically so it was easier to read.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.