Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello,

I'm restoring a heater (as described here) which has been unused long time and while a new parts arrive, I'm testing the rest of the system.

Specifically, I'm testing an actuator valve which is attached to the heater and SPA pump as show the picture below.

1711914587533.png

Considering the actuator has been unused for a while, I remove it and tested on the lab before connecting it to the Easy Touch.

I applied 24VAC in order to have both directions tested. Specifically, I connect the black wire (in this test I used other colors) with the white wire and the valve rotate in one direction, and connecting the black and red wires, the actuator rotate in the other direction. The stop switch were working as expected as well,

1711914742980.png

After I connect the valve to the Easy Touch the actuator worked in one direction only.

I measured the voltage on the connector of the motherboard, and the results as below:
  1. POOL mode
    1. Black and white: ~29Vac
    2. Black and red: ~0Vac
  2. SPA mode
    1. Black and white: ~0Vac while mode
    2. Black and red: ~0Vac while mode
The results were similar in both connectors: Intake and Return.
During the testing, I didn't install the actuator on the valve (it means, not load).

From a electrical point of view, it seems the MB has an issue regarding the 24VAC mechanical switching but I'm not sure if I'm missing something at firmware/software level that need to be set on the Easy Touch to have the actuator working as expected.

In either case, hardware of firmware, any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hello,

I'm restoring a heater (as described here) which has been unused long time and while a new parts arrive, I'm testing the rest of the system.

Specifically, I'm testing an actuator valve which is attached to the heater and SPA pump as show the picture below.

View attachment 561647

Considering the actuator has been unused for a while, I remove it and tested on the lab before connecting it to the Easy Touch.

I applied 24VAC in order to have both directions tested. Specifically, I connect the black wire (in this test I used other colors) with the white wire and the valve rotate in one direction, and connecting the black and red wires, the actuator rotate in the other direction. The stop switch were working as expected as well,

View attachment 561649

After I connect the valve to the Easy Touch the actuator worked in one direction only.

I measured the voltage on the connector of the motherboard, and the results as below:
  1. POOL mode
    1. Black and white: ~29Vac
    2. Black and red: ~0Vac
  2. SPA mode
    1. Black and white: ~0Vac while mode
    2. Black and red: ~0Vac while mode
The results were similar in both connectors: Intake and Return.
During the testing, I didn't install the actuator on the valve (it means, not load).

From a electrical point of view, it seems the MB has an issue regarding the 24VAC mechanical switching but I'm not sure if I'm missing something at firmware/software level that need to be set on the Easy Touch to have the actuator working as expected.

In either case, hardware of firmware, any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Try it in another socket. If it works the board has an issue. If not, its the actuator.

Reactions: Hulaomr
Black - Common

Red - Switch Leg

White - Switch Leg

You should measure 24 volts AC from black to red or black to white when the valve is off.

When the valve is on, the voltage switches from red to white or white to red.

So, if you had 24 volts AC from red to black with the valve off, the voltage should be 24 volts AC from white to black when the valve is on.

1711916212690.png
1711916226523.png

Reactions: Hulaomr
Thanks all for your feedback!! Very appreciated.

Once I saw the pictures shared by @JamesW, I found out I did a mistake on the pin/out connector at the MB. Somehow, I was considering same pin/out as the actuator board.

Once I reworked the cable connector, it start working as expected. What a relief!

Reactions: JamesW