Apr 15, 2014
Livermore, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi you all,
Have a newer Active 20 bought in Aug. 2021 but using with my old controller from July 2017. Everything was working just fine, until I noticed that the remaining pool cable on my deck hadn't changed position for about a week. I have the cover on my pool, to give Ghostlight (our Active 20) her privacy while she works. Didn't want her thinking I was looking over her shoulder. Anyhow, even with that privacy, it appears that she is not working. Sure I will talk about giving her a raise (LOL), but I was wondering from you all if you think the controller could be the cause. When I depress the on/off switch, Ghostlight activates and operates, but only very shortly, then will just stop. Please share your thoughts on what could be happening. Thanks.

Where’s the controller that goes with the bot? I didn’t think you could buy them separately. If you have it try using that one instead.
There are some tests/checks u can do before sending it in for warranty service/ calling maytronics.
Like pulling it out & checking that the self test completes.
It’s possible the movement u are seeing is the initial self test & then the bot shuts down for some other reason like a clogged impeller. Check that the impeller isn’t clogged with hair or debris-

Tx for the reply.

Yes, it was an option at Marina to purchase a new robot minus the parts I did not want (basket, filters, controller). Saved me some $. But if it really is the controller that is the problem here, then it will mean that my new controller purchase occurred about 6 mo. after my new robot. So, when it is time to replace a robot, perhaps it is time to replace the controller as well.

Before I received your reply, I had already bought a controller. Should be getting to me soon.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Added a new controller. Things working great/back to normal.

So yes, tip for y’all that you can piecemeal items at Marina. Margaret will do that. It’s great in that she gave me a credit for the controller based on a certain price, and then months later when I need it sold me a controller for that same amount; no up-charging.

But I realize in this situation given the failure of my S200 in/around September 2021, my controller failed only 5 months later. Long story short, I see you when you get the expected length of service out of your robot, it may be time to replace your controller as well.

B

Last edited:
Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.