Acid wash or re-surface

20,000 original gallons. 48 hours of moving 5 gallons per min (300 gallons per hour). Removed 14,440 G then 14440/20,000
or roughly 7/10 or 70%. So yes!!!
Today measured the salt again and it reads 800 again but again with the +- 200 tolerance it is possible thats its lower but doesn't show. Or the gradient is disappearing and now I am just diluting water vs preferentially draining the water with the high osmolarity. Tomorrow I plan to stop the process and bring the pool into balance. Thoughts?

Today measured the salt again and it reads 800 again but again with the +- 200 tolerance it is possible thats its lower but doesn't show. Or the gradient is disappearing and now I am just diluting water vs preferentially draining the water with the high osmolarity. Tomorrow I plan to stop the process and bring the pool into balance. Thoughts?
If the numbers are close to what you needed, then wrap it up and put a bow on it, you’re done.

I dont know if getting rid of 70% of sequestered iron is good enough to avoid stains when I balance it. Very few on this site report their results on doing this.
Probably depends on how much there was to start. The pool store irons tests are pretty useless. They cant tell the difference between 0ppm and 0.3ppm.

Well tomorrow I will put it back in balance no matter what. I will see if the iron remains out of water by the final results. Thank you.
Of note: Salt down to 600 with 10 hours left in the exchange.