Acid wash epoxy repair

bigcountryhb

Apr 2, 2015
Orange, CA
My pool is empty right now after a skimmer replacement and surface crack repair. I'm considering acid washing it, but am unsure if the acid wash will negatively affect the cracks that were filled with epoxy. The gentleman that did the repair also isn't sure about acid on the fresh repair. I'm waiting to hear from him on the name of the epoxy so that I may contact the manufacturer, but figured I'd ask here, as well.

My pool is empty right now after a skimmer replacement and surface crack repair. I'm considering acid washing it, but am unsure if the acid wash will negatively affect the cracks that were filled with epoxy. The gentleman that did the repair also isn't sure about acid on the fresh repair. I'm waiting to hear from him on the name of the epoxy so that I may contact the manufacturer, but figured I'd ask here, as well.
Every time you acid wash the surface you reduce its lifespan. Are you sure you want to acid wash?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.