Accurate pH?

garroyo130

Mar 24, 2023
Austin, TX
I have the TF Pro and added the pH meter option but still can't seem to get conclusive results. Based on visual pH test, I'd say I'm at/around 7.5; however, the pH meter read 7.9 today. I have calibrated the meter using the test solution but for some reason still don't fully trust it. How important is it to know exactly what pH is? Am I okay as long as I'm within a certain range?

With everything else in normal ranges Trust the drop test over the meter. It is the standard.
That meter may just be wonky & need to be replaced in which case contact tftestkits for a refund or replacement.
What are the rest of your test results? High fc levels (10ppm+) can skew the ph drop based test.
As Aj said - ph in the 7’s is fine

With everything else in normal ranges Trust the drop test over the meter. It is the standard.
That meter may just be wonky & need to be replaced in which case contact tftestkits for a refund or replacement.
What are the rest of your test results? High fc levels (10ppm+) can skew the ph drop based test.
As Aj said - ph in the 7’s is fine

FC - 7
TA - 80
CH - 350
CYA - 60

Reactions: Mdragger88
Some have reported the less expensive meters being affected by battery level so may try getting a fresh one & recalibrating.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.