Accessories Questions

Gebo

Bronze Supporter
Aug 23, 2023
VA
New HT Owner. What accessories do you recommend? Cover lifter, towel rack, chemical storage, steps, etc.

Where do you store your chemicals? Outside or inside? Any suggestions on some type of cabinet or storage box?

I've gotten so confused on deciding on a cover lifter. The dealer says not to worry about it. I'm not a sissy so lifting
it is not a problem. I just don't want the cover sliding all over the deck every time I move it on and off. One guy says
he would never screw anything into to side of his hot tub. Heck, I want some advice if you have any.

I did purchase a sump pump from Home Depot with a 25 foot 1.5 inch drain hose.

We just bought a towel \ robe rack from Amazon yesterday. Pvc , looks like a hat rack with a place on the top for phones or whatever, with a base that you fill with water....we needed something besides a lawn chair, cheap enough, so we'll try that. Our cover lift is nice, what else would you do with the cover if you didn't have one? Chemicals stay inside with test kit. Sump pump is on my list

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
If you're really worried about some screw holes filled with screws for your cover lift 🤔, they make ones the spa sits on, called "undermount".
The choice of a lift is dependent on the circumstances. Each type has different clearances and such so you need one that works where you're putting it.
Be aware that a saltron, or any other aftermarket salt system, will likely void your new spa warranty.

Reactions: Gebo
If you're really worried about some screw holes filled with screws for your cover lift 🤔, they make ones the spa sits on, called "undermount".
The choice of a lift is dependent on the circumstances. Each type has different clearances and such so you need one that works where you're putting it.
Be aware that a saltron, or any other aftermarket salt system, will likely void your new spa warranty.
Thank you. I won’t be using the saltron. My spa dealer said I didn’t need a cover lifter. I’m ignorant as I’ve never had a hot tub. Without a cover lifter, do you just set the cover on the “ground” behind the tub? Mine will be up against a brick wall. I wouldn’t want it to get scratched up.

New HT Owner. What accessories do you recommend? Cover lifter, towel rack, chemical storage, steps, etc.

Where do you store your chemicals? Outside or inside? Any suggestions on some type of cabinet or storage box?

I've gotten so confused on deciding on a cover lifter. The dealer says not to worry about it. I'm not a sissy so lifting
it is not a problem. I just don't want the cover sliding all over the deck every time I move it on and off. One guy says
he would never screw anything into to side of his hot tub. Heck, I want some advice if you have any.

I did purchase a sump pump from Home Depot with a 25 foot 1.5 inch drain hose.

I have a Vanish XL lifter on my tub - works great. I was not worried about screwing it to the tub, but I was concerned about gluing the cover to the lifter, but it has been about 18 months now and it is still firmly attached. I recommend a lifter, it makes things a lot easier.

Aside from all the other outdoor storage doo-dads like towel racks and phone holders, get yourself a fish tank net from the pet store and hang it so you can reach it from inside the tub. That why when the occasional bug or leaf drops it while you are bathing, you just scoop it right out (unless you enjoy the carnival type game of scoop up the bug with your hands in moving water).

I keep my test kit inside. I have it all in a Milwaukee Packout Organizer - it is pretty much perfect. One section for each test, a section for the speed stir and pH meter, a section for test vials, and a section for a small towel.

I keep my bleach, acid, and AhhSome outside in a shed. Yeah, inside is better, but it works for me.

A small shop vac is also nice to have. My sump pump leaves about an inch of water in the bottom, the shop vac takes care of that.

Reactions: JoeSelf
I have a Vanish XL lifter on my tub - works great. I was not worried about screwing it to the tub, but I was concerned about gluing the cover to the lifter, but it has been about 18 months now and it is still firmly attached. I recommend a lifter, it makes things a lot easier.

Aside from all the other outdoor storage doo-dads like towel racks and phone holders, get yourself a fish tank net from the pet store and hang it so you can reach it from inside the tub. That why when the occasional bug or leaf drops it while you are bathing, you just scoop it right out (unless you enjoy the carnival type game of scoop up the bug with your hands in moving water).

I keep my test kit inside. I have it all in a Milwaukee Packout Organizer - it is pretty much perfect. One section for each test, a section for the speed stir and pH meter, a section for test vials, and a section for a small towel.

I keep my bleach, acid, and AhhSome outside in a shed. Yeah, inside is better, but it works for me.

A small shop vac is also nice to have. My sump pump leaves about an inch of water in the bottom, the shop vac takes care of that.
Thank you for your input!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.