Above ground pool on artificial grass with slope

CP1

Jun 3, 2023
Lincoln ca
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Above ground pool on artificial grass with slope. I put a fourteen fo by forty two inch pool up and thought by leveling the legs with pavers that it wold be level. The squares show on the liner high side is one square and liw side 3 squares. I can only have this up during the summer For grandkids promise my husband I take it down in September.. Can I send anyone pictures to get advice on what to do to level this? Yes it's full and no one has swam in it because I'm afraid. My husband can't help because His knees so it's me and my sister to fix anything. Thank you so much for your help

Attachments

• 20230528_112326.jpg
    20230528_112326.jpg
    378.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 20230528_114915.jpg
    20230528_114915.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 20230528_114956.jpg
    20230528_114956.jpg
    375.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 20230528_114938.jpg
    20230528_114938.jpg
    465.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 20230528_112312.jpg
    20230528_112312.jpg
    404.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 20230528_112234.jpg
    20230528_112234.jpg
    353.4 KB · Views: 30
Welcome to TFP! :wave: You and your sister have been busy. :) Whenever a pool needs to be installed on a slope, ideally the high side of the ground should be cut down and leveled to the same height as the low side. It's more stable that way because building a low area up usually is not as stable.

What you have done is not compromise the ground, but used pavers to lift up the low side. That creates some unique issues of its own. The liner is stretched out of its normal pattern and more prone to getting pinched by a support paver which I'm sure is why you have the foam noodles down there to protect the liner. While you may try to get each post level on the pavers, the space in between will pull down hard from all the weight. We can also see that sagging in the pics you provided.

So, here is the technically accurate TFP response ...... for ideal stability and safety, the pool and its support structure should placed be on level ground. Unfortunately in your situation, I can't imagine you and your sister trying to level that ground, so that would require assistance from someone.

As a pool owner, you (and many others here on the forum) may improvise things a bit. We see it, we get it, and that's your call. In some cases it works for the season. In some scenarios, the frame fails and/or the liner ruptures to flood the area and hopefully no one is in the pool or nearby to get hurt. So you, your sister, and husband have a difficult decision to make. Does the pool appear to be steady enough for the youngsters to play in, creating waves and seeing the water shift from side to side, or do you start over?

Talk it over with the family and let us know if you have any additional questions. Also be sure to visit our Pool Care Basics page which gives you everything you need to care for the pool and water. Have a nice day.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: You and your sister have been busy. :) Whenever a pool needs to be installed on a slope, ideally the high side of the ground should be cut down and leveled to the same height as the low side. It's more stable that way because building a low area up usually is not as stable.

What you have done is not compromise the ground, but used pavers to lift up the low side. That creates some unique issues of its own. The liner is stretched out of its normal pattern and more prone to getting pinched by a support paver which I'm sure is why you have the foam noodles down there to protect the liner. While you may try to get each post level on the pavers, the space in between will pull down hard from all the weight. We can also see that sagging in the pics you provided.

So, here is the technically accurate TFP response ...... for ideal stability and safety, the pool and its support structure should placed be on level ground. Unfortunately in your situation, I can't imagine you and your sister trying to level that ground, so that would require assistance from someone.

As a pool owner, you (and many others here on the forum) may improvise things a bit. We see it, we get it, and that's your call. In some cases it works for the season. In some scenarios, the frame fails and/or the liner ruptures to flood the area and hopefully no one is in the pool or nearby to get hurt. So you, your sister, and husband have a difficult decision to make. Does the pool appear to be steady enough for the youngsters to play in, creating waves and seeing the water shift from side to side, or do you start over?

Talk it over with the family and let us know if you have any additional questions. Also be sure to visit our Pool Care Basics page which gives you everything you need to care for the pool and water. Have a nice day.
Hi ,thank you for getting back to me. Well the pool is not level. I am taking it down and figure out something to make it level. I cannot mess with the artificial grass ( my husband thinks I am crazy and good luck. What we do for grandkids} I was thinking of putting a tarp then foam board and sand on the low end. There has got to be a way and then taking it down at the end of September . Do you think that will work or do you have material suggestions? Thanks

Good morning. I can't confirm if some foam panels and sand will resolve the issue. There's a lot of pressure applied by all the water, but you can try. Might also depend on how much space you are trying to make up for. Keep us posted. Good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.