Above ground pool flooring pad

AdrianCarey

Jun 17, 2019
California
We just bought an above ground pool 20x48.
And it not one of those permanent ones it’s the ones you can take down every year. So we are going to build it on concrete in my backyard but we do not know what to put under the pool so it doesn’t wear and tear. I would appreciate anyone who has good and inexpensive ideas, thank you.

There's a YouTube poster that showed they bought home insulation board 4'×8' at $22 each for the 1.25 ich thick ones, duct taped them together, and placed them under his pool (covered by plastic and tarp) which made it very comfortable to walk on. He gave a 3 or 4 year update on it too - was an Intex rectangle pool.

Reactions: AdrianCarey
We just bought an above ground pool 20x48.
And it not one of those permanent ones it’s the ones you can take down every year. So we are going to build it on concrete in my backyard but we do not know what to put under the pool so it doesn’t wear and tear. I would appreciate anyone who has good and inexpensive ideas, thank you.
We use some indoor/outdoor carpet under ours. It is the kind they use in offices. It has a sticky back with plastic covering the sticky part on it. We leave the plastic on it as a barrier to the ground. It has worked great for us! Our base is not completely concrete, just a ring of concrete that the legs of the pool sit on and the center is packed dirt with a skim of sand on top. We learned with our first pool not to have too much sand because the pool legs would just sink in it.

Are you putting it on new concrete or existing.

Just be aware, most concrete patios have a slope to them so water can drain. They are not level. Either check you existing patio for level, or if you are having one poured make sure they know it is for a pool, and you do not want a pitch to it.