Above ground pool as a gift for sister, need some info please...

I did it by myself a few times...don't ask. However, almost everything is better with multiple people. I also put a second set of steps in my pool and wish I had done it along time ago. The 7200 is built for entry/exit but not so much lounging or jumping. The "new" steps allow for a lot more mermaid activity and handrails in the pool to hold.

Comic relief... Look at the box where it says u need basic tools and a few friends. Everything is simple print, but the few friends on my box were drawn not as stick figures, but as muscle bound Giants! Lmao

I installed a 24' in 2005 with a wife (pregnant) father son n one friend 4 people. We alwYs have some breeze, what a Pain in the$$$. I moved and got another in 2009. Paid $1000 install n sat back and watched the "pros". Let me say the only thing I learned was they sucked and my install was better. However they did it with two guys because they had many strings n spikes. Each section they put up they put a piece of top rail on n had a string attached then put it snug and drove the spike in the ground and moved on.
I had my people stand at every other or third with arms and legs spread holding it while we moved on. What a joke it would of been if someone put that on utube.

Key is perfection on bottom rail n uprights for elevation. And if you don't know about the shop vac trick with the liner, find out about that. My wAter deliver guy told me about that. It worked great. If u have wind or even a breeze, get water trucks n have it at least half full real quick or a gust can be for a nightmare. And installers from my opinion aren't worth it if u have spare time n some basic skill.

But boy can watching some (like me on my first time) be really fun to spend a weekend with some chips beer n a good cigar.

Good luck

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.