Above Ground Liner for Round Inground Pool

Bradyz

Nov 7, 2021
Utah
We are working on the designs for our pool that we are building and I had some questions about liners. We are building a 21' round pool with concrete walls and a concrete floor and plan to use a liner (the plan is to also line the walls and floor with foam to protect the liner and make a softer surface). The idea was that if we go with a common 21' pool we could just use a normal Latham GLI or Swimline liner. Is there any reason we wouldn't be able to do this?

We are building a 21' round pool with concrete walls and a concrete floor and plan to use a liner (the plan is to also line the walls and floor with foam to protect the liner and make a softer surface). The idea was that if we go with a common 21' pool we could just use a normal Latham GLI or Swimline liner. Is there any reason we wouldn't be able to do this?
That's basically all my inground pool is, except we went with a common inground size. With the right dimensions and tracks there's no difference with a traditional above ground sized liner.

Screenshot_20230322_065959_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230322_065900_Gallery.jpg

That's basically all my inground pool is, except we went with a common inground size. With the right dimensions and tracks there's no difference with a traditional above ground sized liner.

View attachment 478246

View attachment 478247
Thanks Newdude! Is there a reason you didnt do a concrete floor on yours? Anything you would have changed? How did you end up doing that seat in the corner with it being an off the shelf liner?

Is there a reason you didnt do a concrete floor on yours?
The regional practice here is to usually use sand. The irony was watching them dig sand out, only to out different sand back.
:ROFLMAO:

Anything you would have changed?
I would have DIY'd it. I didn't feel I had the time to dedicate to the project, but the PBs subs sucked for pool #2 and I spent twice the time babysitting and fixing errors than if I had hired my own crews. That's not to say the crews I hired wouldn't foul up also, just that I'd be dealing with them directly and not through the middle man (PB).

How did you end up doing that seat in the corner with it being an off the shelf liner?
Looploc came and measured the bench and either custom made the liner, or modified one from the shelf.

The bench was something I was strongly opposed to taking up valuable deep end real estate, but the Mrs gave me free reign for every other last detail so I gladly relented there. Once we were going there I went with 8 ft instead of the default 6 ft and of course it's now my favorite spot in the pool. The extra length is super nice because someone can fully lounge and still have room for others sitting side saddle.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.