About to pull the trigger on a Heritage... Final thoughts??

Re: About to pull the trigger on a Heritage... Final thought

Glock said:
I have had the single depth pool and now have the deep end. I cannot stress this enough, you will regret not getting the deep end. Not sure how tall you are but I am 6 feet and let me tell you a 4 foot deep pool sucks. the cost difference should only be a couple hundred. Seriously, think about the deep end.

6ft here as well... but the cost difference is about 1500 for me... i've shopped around to 3 different installers and it's about the same for all of them...

DigiManTX said:
Glock said:
I have had the single depth pool and now have the deep end. I cannot stress this enough, you will regret not getting the deep end. Not sure how tall you are but I am 6 feet and let me tell you a 4 foot deep pool sucks. the cost difference should only be a couple hundred. Seriously, think about the deep end.

6ft here as well... but the cost difference is about 1500 for me... i've shopped around to 3 different installers and it's about the same for all of them...
Glock has direct experience, and I don't (I diy my deep end) but I would have guessed it would be closer to what your quotes are. They have to bring in the equipment to dig (unless they already have to for your site), remove the dirt from the premises without making a mess , then the filling process is more involved, and the liner might be a little more.

Yeah I forgot about all the differences. The labor only difference for me was a couple hundred but yes the liner is more. Funny how a 10k dollar pool cost fades once you begin to swim. lol They could only get a bobcat in my yard so they used it for the whole thing including the deep end.

Ok... this is what I've got together in multiple carts at places...

Sharkline Venture 27' x 54"
27' unibead 25 gauge liner
Confer Plastics STEP-1 Easy Access Above-Ground Pool Steps
Pentair PNSD0060DO1160-S Sand Dollar SD60 Sand Filter System with 1-1/2HP Dynamo Above Ground Pool Pump with 250lbs of Sand
45MPHP10 - Stenner Pumps Chemical Feeder
15g blue drum from craigslist
timer (would love some advice on best ones for outdoors)

already have a test kit, but i'll re-up on reagents
already have a pool rover
i know i'll need a Crud ton of bleach (will probably start off with some pucks or shock to bring up CYA (idk yet))
i know i'll need CYA

am i missing anything?

also have some random questions:

1. is that pump and filter going to be sufficient?
2. i've gotten 4 different calculations of water volume for this size pool... what is the REAL answer?
3. going to be hard plumbing everything. what pipe size should i be using? (will be installing the equipment pad up towards the house and it will travel under ground about 10-15' to come back up to the pool)
4. what exactly is involved in "bonding a pool" and should my installer know how to do all that? is it absolutely necessary?

i think that's it... prolly not tho... lol

thanks for all the help guys! i'm almost there! :D

DigiManTX said:
1. is that pump and filter going to be sufficient?
We would recommend a minimum 3.1 sq. ft sand filter (something like the SD70). The one in the combo you listed is 2.3 sq.ft (SD60), is a little small. Unfortunately, I do not know of any combo packages that have larger filters. That one will still work, but you will have to backwash it more often. If you do decide to go with that filter, I would go with this combo instead: PNSD0060DO2260...it is the 2-speed version of the one speed pump you listed above.

DigiManTX said:
2. i've gotten 4 different calculations of water volume for this size pool... what is the REAL answer?
17100 gallons (used poolcalculator.com with 4 ft water depth since the 54 inches is to the top and you will only fill to 48).

DigiManTX said:
3. going to be hard plumbing everything. what pipe size should i be using? (will be installing the equipment pad up towards the house and it will travel under ground about 10-15' to come back up to the pool)
2 inch would be a good choice.

DigiManTX said:
4. what exactly is involved in "bonding a pool" and should my installer know how to do all that? is it absolutely necessary?
You need to check with your local inspectors on the local code. Most places it is required.

ok... i changed that to a pentair SD80... was the same price as the 70... figured (filter wise) more was better. and added the 2 speed 1.5hp dynamo pump.

now... getting these separate like this, i don't see a "base" that they sit in now as the filter is now listed as an "in ground" and not above ground... am i going to have to fabricate some sort of mount for these now?

on a side note... i think it's funny that PSW suggests the small 16" and 19" filter with this 27' round pool and that apparently is NO where near enough...

The SD80 is a great pick for your pool size. The filter will have a stand for itself, but you will have to set the pump (and filter stand) on pavers or something else next to each other.

DigiManTX said:
i think it's funny that PSW suggests the small 16" and 19" filter with this 27' round pool and that apparently is NO where near enough...
I do not understand that either, but the whole industry undersizes filters and oversizes pumps. Filters that small run most efficiently with very low flow pumps (requiring long run times) and would have to be backwashed quite often.

HOLY COW! It looks like it'll be here tomorrow according to the freight company... oh noes! installer can't start until 5/11... jeees...

We got our Sharkline Heritage 27' today. Shipping notice came Monday night, was actually here yesterday but trucking co was calling the wrong number. PoolSupplyWorld was great, shipper -- not so much.
Best wishes on your new pool!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

jlsr said:
We got our Sharkline Heritage 27' today. Shipping notice came Monday night, was actually here yesterday but trucking co was calling the wrong number. PoolSupplyWorld was great, shipper -- not so much.
Best wishes on your new pool!

did they have a forklift service or anything to place it where you want? or did they just dump it and run?

All the truck driver had was a pallet jack to bring it to the back of his truck. We had to take it off his truck ourselves at the street and load it all in the back of our pickup to get it to our garage. And unload it ourselves. It's very heavy !

jlsr said:
All the truck driver had was a pallet jack to bring it to the back of his truck. We had to take it off his truck ourselves at the street and load it all in the back of our pickup to get it to our garage. And unload it ourselves. It's very heavy !

Same here. The guy dropped his tail level with our truck's tail gate and we moved everything from the truck to our Tacoma. Heavy is an understatement. Hubby tried moving the wall and I told him, I need to help you! He couldn't believe how heavy just the wall was! :shock: So you will need to have people there to unload it. Good luck! :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.