About to do the unveiling for season 2017!! Start me of on BBB?

Hello everyone!

I wanted to introduce myself and start right in with the best way to start BBB. I have used a Pool Frog for the past 2 years (don't judge.. :p it came with the whole set-up when we purchased the house in spring 2015 ) and have decided to go BBB after reading all the great information here and the first hand the Pool Frog is not working well and it's costing me lots of money in the 2 years of trying to get my water to be stable. Well.. maybe I will leave it in-line.. I am unsure..but I will not purchase the Mineral pack and Bac
-pacs, maybe just throwing some tablets to the Frog if I need to.

Tomorrow is the day that we take of the cover. Do you recommend I just remove it, set up the sand filter, etc and put in some chlorine bleach and cycle it? Like I said.. I am totally new to this BBB. I just peeked in the pool and I can see the bottom floor liner, but did not want to take a cup of water out to look. I like surprises. ;) I will make sure to have all BBB on hand.

I have a Taylor Test Kit in my cart to purchase..but also wanted to make sure it was enough for me, but not to much.TAYLOR TECHNOLOGIES INC K-2006 TEST KIT COMP CHLORINE FAS-DPD is what I am looking at purchasing..however a

Taylor Troubleshooter DPD Pool and Spa Water Test Kit - K-1004

is half the price.
We have a 24 round above-ground. We use and artesian well for water but it has low minerals...or it did when we purchased the home. In the past I used the test strips from the pool store.. The pool guy said that is all I needed and then to bring him test water so he can tell me what to add.. :mad:

So there you have it! Hit me with your thoughts and advice! I want to graduate Pool School this year. :swim:

Thanks!!

Last edited: