Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hi Everyone,

Getting ready to close the pool and started reading up on some threads and I noticed someone mention that a lot of people don't even put the cover on.

Is there a general consensus on this? Is it ok to do? Are there any major issues by leaving it off?

Thanks.

Bobby

Hi Everyone,

Getting ready to close the pool and started reading up on some threads and I noticed someone mention that a lot of people don't even put the cover on.

Is there a general consensus on this? Is it ok to do? Are there any major issues by leaving it off?

Thanks.

Bobby
Leaves, Animals, acorns, twigs, dirt, lawn furniture, did I mention leaves?

What were your thoughts on without?
It was great.

Inground people need to be conscious of small children or pets once it freezes, so its not for everyone.

I'd clean the yard well once everything is done dropping to lessen the leaves and whatnot blowing around all winter. I might even temporarily cover the pool depending on how wooded the yard was.

It was great.

Inground people need to be conscious of small children or pets once it freezes, so its not for everyone.

I'd clean the yard well once everything is done dropping to lessen the leaves and whatnot blowing around all winter. I might even temporarily cover the pool depending on how wooded the yard was.
We have all older kids now (13+), pets won't go into the pool.

Plan is always to get the leaves blown out around the property. We have some trees behind the house - about 20 feet away...we get some leaves, but nothing too bad - most don't make it up to the pool.

What about animals - any birds congregating or anything else? I'm really tempted to try it this year.

Reactions: Newdude
pets won't go into the pool.
No but they might run across the 'shortcut' once it's frozen. God bless them but they don't understand a half inch of ice isn't going to support them. And if it snows, the pool disappears altogether removing any chance of them thinking about it.
What about animals - any birds congregating or anything else?
That is no different than it was all summer. (y)

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.