ABG Pool repairs after winter

Open the pool yourself and do the replacement. We can walk you through it all.
Thanks Casey! I really appreciate! I took a picture of where the pipes go, So I know how to do it the only thing im scared to do is the skimmer replacement.

Im like in between because you guys assured me its fine but pool company keeps saying its not and that it high risk for collapse. I decided to let it be like that but pool company saying no (just this morning) I even told them I cannot afford it as we saved for this pool for 4 years, got it last year I dont have anything left for big cost. Maybe it was wrong for me to get an agp if i dont have budget for things like this.

I will do the replacement and opening with your help guys! Thank you so much! I appreciate it big time.

Open the pool yourself and do the replacement. We can walk you through it all.
Hi Casey, thank you! I really appreciate it. I decided just to replace skimmer and open it myself (as you suggested) and follow what you will tell me guys. Told the pool company i will just let it be as i cannot afford it and im not prepared to any big costs for the pool. I was not expecting it after just 1 summer of it. He told me no, its dangerous and its high risk to collapse that can injure people when they are swimming. I told myself, If i can keep it like that just for 3-5 more summers then im good. But right now i feel undecided of the repercussions the pool company is telling me if I dont replace wall and liner.

I feel like i should stand my ground and say no. It should be fine and if anything happen i will take full responsibility of it.

Hi Casey, thank you! I really appreciate it. I decided just to replace skimmer and open it myself (as you suggested) and follow what you will tell me guys. Told the pool company i will just let it be as i cannot afford it and im not prepared to any big costs for the pool. I was not expecting it after just 1 summer of it. He told me no, its dangerous and its high risk to collapse that can injure people when they are swimming. I told myself, If i can keep it like that just for 3-5 more summers then im good. But right now i feel undecided of the repercussions the pool company is telling me if I dont replace wall and liner.

I feel like i should stand my ground and say no. It should be fine and if anything happen i will take full responsibility of it.
Not sure what they’re taking about with the frost heaving.

To clarify, I know what frost heaving is, just not how it would cause that or how stone dust causes more of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: jenj0k
As a fellow northerner I understand the ground “heaving” from frost/cold that others are talking about, see the buckling you’re talking about in your photos, and understand your concerns. I don’t have an above ground pool, but I can tell you, you can trust Mdragger and Casey’s advice, they understand above ground pools very well. As @Mdragger88 said, keep an eye on the buckling, if the wall comes off the track, be concerned then. And, as @Casey said, open the pool yourself, you’ll get *tons* of help here. They are the experts. I only chimed in because I understand your climate and wanted to reaffirm your concerns. Ultimately, it’s up to you, we can only give you advice, you are responsible for following it. I wish you good luck and a happy, all to short for us, summer swimming season!

Thank you guys so much! Im more confident now to leave it like this. I told the pool company that i will leave like that and they were adamant but I stood my ground thanks to all of you. He told me only gentle movements on the pool, nothing rough at all or even playing as there is weakness now where the buckle/bend is and it is high risk of collapsing but I said im good. I will take note of it.

Do you have an idea what caused it? ☺️
It’s so small that it’s hard to even see the problem. Looks like normal bending of thin panels like that, but I’m not that familiar with above ground pools. I’ve just seen them with waaaay worse looking walls still holding water.

Reactions: jenj0k
Your pool is fine. I agree with the others. It is also easy to replace skimmer. Just drain below the skimmer and remove screws holding it in place. Screw new skimmer in and connect plumbing.

It’s so small that it’s hard to even see the problem. Looks like normal bending of thin panels like that, but I’m not that familiar with above ground pools. I’ve just seen them with waaaay worse looking walls still holding water.
Thank you!!! ☺️

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Your pool is fine. I agree with the others. It is also easy to replace skimmer. Just drain below the skimmer and remove screws holding it in place. Screw new skimmer in and connect plumbing.
Thank you! I will try to do the skimmer myself. Ive been reading here and watching youtube videos 😁

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.