Jacksonville, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 700
I will be doing an AA treatment this Winter to lift some iron staining. Having a look through "further reading" on an AA treatment it mentions that "You can add Polyquat 60 to the water before starting the stain treatment". I would prefer to keep unnecessary chemicals out of the pool. Is this mandatory? Wouldn't I risk algae if not using it and then have to do a SLAM which would bring back the iron staining?

I'm in North Florida and water temp will get to low 50's or possibly lower if some cold comes through, should that make a difference.

Can you post that link where it mentions polyquat?
Dave, it's mentioned in Step #2 of the Wiki article. But as noted, not mandatory. If the water is cold the OP should be fine. When an AA is performed in the warmer months, the Poly may be helpful when the FC is lowered close to zero for the AA process.

Thanks. Is there any guideline as to how long one can have zero chlorine before the onset of algae? I would imagine it would be based on water temp.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.