A pool that hates chlorine

Great work! Enjoy your vacation!
Just got back and after 1 week of being covered, the FC was 18.5 ppm, and completely clear. Factoring in the gallon added mid week, that equates to a loss of about 2.75 ppm/day. Given that we were at 34 to start, does that sound reasonable?

Should I just hold tight and let that number fall down to a normal number (5 perhaps?) and see what happens?

Thanks!

Reactions: kul
Just got back and after 1 week of being covered, the FC was 18.5 ppm, and completely clear. Factoring in the gallon added mid week, that equates to a loss of about 2.75 ppm/day. Given that we were at 34 to start, does that sound reasonable?
Yes
Should I just hold tight and let that number fall down to a normal number (5 perhaps?) and see what happens?

Thanks!
What is your cya?
You want to aim for upper target 🎯 fc for your cya to prevent risking algae in the future
IMG_6554.jpeg

FC burns off as a %, so higher levels burn off quicker. It really becomes noticeable in the 20s and your 34 had unusually high FC loss compared to target range.

Let it drift near target range and do another several day comparison of loss.

While SWGs may maintain 5 FC if the bulk of the production is during the peak daylight hours, it's dancing too close to min for me. Rain turned my SWG off for 12 hours, 5 times this season already. Or several other reasons like a particularly high UV loss day may bite you if you attempt yo maintain a 5.

I shoot for hight target or above and it affords me lots of leeway to catch it before it goes south when something happenes. Because let's be honest, nobody experienced with SWGs is testing it daily.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.