A pool story - Now with pics, and a short vid!

Re: A pool story

Filling and finishing touches.

PoolReno-0029_zps0fe07192.jpg~original

Here are the salt bags that the PB used to help hold the liner in place. They leached into the pool, better than having sand bags break I'd say!
PoolReno-0032_zpsbfe37329.jpg~original

Oak squiggles.
PoolReno-0036_zps1858987d.jpg~original

PoolReno-0035_zpsf2b3e1b6.jpg~original

First day swimming.

PoolReno-0038_zpsa5ba7e27.jpg~original

The Chain link didn't do much for privacy. Anyone walking by could easily see someone on the pool deck, as I've a double corner lot and the pool is on the corner side. SO.

PoolReno-0042_zps93b022cd.jpg~original

Fixing chain link, and adding privacy fence build from scratch. No panels here!

Next on the list, a pump shade thingy, a small deck addition, more privacy fencing, lighting. I've done over half the privacy fencing, I used pink string, an auger, post hole digger, levels, squares, axe, maul, hammer, drill with phillips bit, hundreds of pickets, lots of 10' and 8' 4x4's and 2x4's. Oh, and some 1x6x12 decking for the bottom of the fence, as I'm having to put lots of drainage in. You can look at the last picture posted, and see where feet of earth have eroded away.

Oh, I should add that I've never done fence before, or fixed drainage. Fun!

How many beers?? All of that looks like a couple of cases at least!

What a job you have done already and still in front of you. At least you can jump in the pool to cool off.

Keep us updated and loving the pics!

Kim

kimkats said:
How many beers?? All of that looks like a couple of cases at least!

What a job you have done already and still in front of you. At least you can jump in the pool to cool off.

Keep us updated and loving the pics!

Kim

No beers lately, not found a good place I like in Tally yet to get my favored snobbish Trappist Ale. Guinness will have to do!

As you know, the weather is ick for the next 5 days. Mayhap I'll get more of the fencing done, and stage a few completion pics.

For now, my numbers are spot on to do Borates tomorrow. I'll be singing "row row row your boat, gently down the stream" while I brush, brush, and brush some more.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

The best bar we have found in Tally is Parley on Monore St. It is just up from Lake Ella behind Brueggers Bagels. The stadium seating is fun. My hubby is more into lagers so do not know if they have what you are looking for. I am his DD so.....LOL

You will find that Tally is a little backwards in many areas but it is a lovely town with great people.

Kim

harleysilo said:
If you are keeping the chain link, i wonder if you can buy the material that slides down in between the links to make it more private.

Since you live so close to the major source of Bamboo in the country(I'm very jealous as I want a bunch but not willing to pay ridiculous shipping cost)
You can go to the local bamboo grower and get fresh or old cut 1/4 sticks any length you want for next to nothing or they also make bamboo screening that you could attach to the chain link- any height you want.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.