Ashtabula, OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
A proposed luxury apartment building with swimming balconies in Mumbai, India. Each apartment would come with its own pool.

FoXioYaacAE-AQs
FoXipimakAAoCKI

I have seen a very similar concept that are already built in Singapore. The pool is along side the living area and looked out to the ocean.
One high rise also had an elevator for their vehicle to be parked right next to their unit. It made it very easy to unload the groceries!!!!
Where there is money you can have just about any luxury.

Doesn't seem likely that each pool could have its own pump & filter. I would speculate all those pools are one body (or maybe 2 bodies) of water. So the residents would be sharing water with everyone else's "private" pool. Maybe the giant silver egg is the filter for all the pools.

I traveled to Bangalore not Mumbai, but what I experienced there was enough for me to understand that India is a whole different world. I will leave it at that. I do remember that the rupee to dollar conversion was ridiculous. For example, I took my driver, translator and myself to dinner. We all ate and were quite full. The bill came to about 204 rupees, my translator said to leave a 20 rupee tip. Total 224 rupees. They said, sorry. We ate so much and this meal cost so much. Sorry.

However, at that time, the conversion was 50 rupees per dollar. That meal was equivalent to about $4.50. They looked at me like I was rich. Now, this was in 2012.

I think that building will be a maintenance nightmare as it ages.

Reactions: JamesW

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Architects almost never care about the maintenance or operation of the building.
Are those apartments condo or rental? Someone will end up paying the maintenance bill.

I might rent such an apartment, but not own one.

Reactions: JamesW
More than half of the available volume is lost due to the desire for style over substance.
Yeah, I keep looking at the pointy end of the pool. It's entirely unusable and the circulation will be terrible.

This is not the first development that is planning to have a private swimming pool in every balcony. A 35 story building in Kuala Lumpur has a tagline that says: "94 Apartments, 95 Swimming Pools," according to the WSJ.

In the Bahamas, a 34 unit Honeycomb building will have a private pool in every apartment.

The hassles of adding private pools to buildings also significantly increases the price - the Honeycomb's condos that are 5,800 square feet and priced at $15 million.

The article is 8 years old and, as far as I can tell, the building has not even been built.

To me it looks like more fantasy than reality.

Probably just the architect trying to get some free publicity.

In Mumbai, the Bandra Ohm building, designed by Hong Kong-based James Law Cybertecture will include about 100 units with crescent-shaped pools overlooking the ocean.

Bandra Ohm

Design: James Law Cybertecture

Number of units: 100

Number of balcony pools: 100

Pool material: High-strength acrylic

www.jameslawcybertecture.com

Reactions: kul and Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.