A little overwhelmed

Hello, Nate from TFTestkits here. Please shoot me an email (if you have not already) at [email protected] with your order number and I will remedy this ASAP. Sometimes the stir bar can fall underneath the foam insert, so you may want to check under it as well.
Nate,

I received the magnetic bar for stirring, thank you! Turns out, after I showed the bar to my wife...she sheepishly looked at me and admitted she opened up my kit, inserted the batteries into the stirrer and threw the magnetic bar in the trash...

After a little chastisement...we laughed a bit about why she would throw something out that looks like that (it doesn't LOOK like trash). Anyway, I'd like to compensate you for the postage, time, and bar if possible. Please let me know a good price and we can work it out.

Reactions: Newdude and mknauss
Turns out, after I showed the bar to my wife...she sheepishly looked at me and admitted she opened up my kit, inserted the batteries into the stirrer and threw the magnetic bar in the trash...

full

Reactions: Newdude
So, just when you think you're getting the hang of it...

My chlorine keeps rising, I've put my SWCG down to 50%, then down to 30% (running about 20 hours a day). And now I just turned it off after getting another rise (13ppm). What else can I do besides what I've done? Just a waiting game? Should I keep it off for several hours and test again?

Your FC levels will vary as your climatic conditions vary. The goal is to keep the FC level well above minimum.

At 40%, your SWCG should create 3.4 ppm FC per day (20 hour operation) in your 17400 gallon pool. Have you confirmed that volume?

Reactions: DennisD
So, just when you think you're getting the hang of it...

My chlorine keeps rising, I've put my SWCG down to 50%, then down to 30% (running about 20 hours a day). And now I just turned it off after getting another rise (13ppm). What else can I do besides what I've done? Just a waiting game? Should I keep it off for several hours and test again?
When I first started, I tested every day at the same time and made minor adjustments to my SWG until I found the sweet spot where my daily use equaled my SWG output (i.e. I got the about the same level of FC two days in a row). That level of FC should we well above the minimum . Once I was dialed in, I started testing every other day, then every 3-4 days, but I was confident before I started increasing the frequency of testing.

On days of extreme heat or high bather load you may need to increase your SWG output and you will eventually get a good feel for your pool.

I run my pump and SWG 24 hrs a day. Lately, I keep my T-15 at 45% which produces 4.7 PPM of chlorine daily. Temps here have been 100+ and very little shade.

Reactions: DennisD and mknauss
Nate,

I received the magnetic bar for stirring, thank you! Turns out, after I showed the bar to my wife...she sheepishly looked at me and admitted she opened up my kit, inserted the batteries into the stirrer and threw the magnetic bar in the trash...

After a little chastisement...we laughed a bit about why she would throw something out that looks like that (it doesn't LOOK like trash). Anyway, I'd like to compensate you for the postage, time, and bar if possible. Please let me know a good price and we can work it out.
It’s on the house. Thanks for being a TFP member! (y)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.