A little cloudy

DSdiver

Silver Supporter
Sep 12, 2013
South Eastern Wisconsin
So I’m not sure what happened but our pool that was crystal clear last night was cloudy this AM. I checked all the Chemicals(see below) and the only thing off was the FC down to 2 and the stabilizer was a bit low at 60. We usually have a auto cover on the pool but it’s broken and we have had allot of rain( I’m thinking this doesn’t matter?) so am I missing something somewhere. I’m going to adjust my CYA and FC to suggested levels.....any other thoughts on what happened did I let the chlorine get to low?

Thanks in advance for any help

One more question for some reason i contribute to the page every year but I’m not show as a supporter...

FC=2
CC=.5
pH=7.5
TA = 110
Calcium was 200
CYA= 60

Yes looks like your FC is too low........Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

If you have a low level algae situation you will want to do an overnight FC loss test Pool School - Perform the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT) If you don't pass the OLCT you will need to eradicate your algae population with a SLAM.

High rainfall and increased organic matter can lower FC and algae is always around and just waiting for a low FC situation to reproduce in your pool water.

Ok so I bumped my FC up yesterday and after a few hours the water started to clear. I super chlorinated last night and this AM the water was back to crystal clear. I’m going to monitor scrub walls and vacuum today and then do a OCLT test tonight to see if I killed it all....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.