A few questions before I splurge on this heater....

Can anyone help me with picking out a timer? I can't tell the relevant differences between the various timers and what I would need to suit my purposes. The gas guy doing my install said that he would just wire a plug in to the heater and use a receptacle, which would be the easiest, but is contrary to advice given in this thread (I did not have the knowledge to tell him why I thought this was wrong) so perhaps I'll just get the timer and have that waiting for him.

In sum, I am looking for a timer to run my pump (9.8 amps) and soon to be installed heater (4 amps). My current electrical set up is only a two outlet receptacle.

Would this do the job? Do they make a timer that could plug into my receptacle?

Intermatic T101R 120-Volt SPST 24 Hour Mechanical Time Switch with Outdoor Case - Wall Timer Switches - Amazon.com

That timer would do. It would be better to hard wire the timer and not just plug it in.

Do you plan on moving the heater for say like closing up for winter? If not, many folks just cover it up, then hard wire it.

Something that expensive I will likely bring indoors for the season, I've got the space so I bring whatever I can inside rather than expose it to Chicago winters. Hard wiring could make that problematic I am seeing. I will have to rethink this configuration.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.