A Few New Questions!!

Well, if they were shut-off to inflow, the pump would certainly let you know! So that must be open position. Shut one off and determine which inlets controls your skimmers and which controls your floor drain. (You can look in your skimmer to see if it's pulling water or not). Then mark the pipes with a sharpie so you remember which is which.

Yes, all valves in your picture are fully open and I'm assuming what is the main drain on left and the 2 skimmers on right are all having suction applied to them at the same time. - G

Edit: Ooops, didn't see the thread continued onto a second page. MariannParoo, pooldv, and cheifwej already confirmed.

Edit2: I fixed an error I made in my last post for Valve#1. I had left and right flows swapped. The corrected flow directions are surrounded by brackets.

Super thanks again. SLAM is going on. Its getting clearer. Still the deep end is cloudy! With my CYA, i had to pour in a little more chlorine today!

Don't forget; During a SLAM you need to check your FC often and add back as needed. During the start of the things you could be testing and adding as often as once an hour or two. As the FC starts to hold, then you can stretch it out to 3 or 4 hours.

Here is the current status:

20150912_142822_zpsilf4bovk.jpg

20150912_142845_zpsn5mbgcfr.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That's more than fair. The OCLT design is to have it over a time period of at least 8 hours where your sun gets no sunlight exposure so that no chlorine loss is due to UV exposure. We're only looking for chlorine consumption due to organics or algae in the OCLT. If you waited til after the sun was up, you would lose just a little bit to sunlight.

You may have a ways to go or you might be very close, there's no way to tell but to keep after it. Keep brushing as much as you can. Keep the pump running. If you have not removed any niche lights or ladders and scrubbed behind them, do so now. MANY times I've seen folks not passing the OCLT with a crystal clear pool because there was still algae lurking behind a light.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.